Sunday, February 6, 2011

In the not so distant future...

Howdy fellas. I'm sure we are all familiar with SIGGRAPH and what it stands for. Special interest group for something something. This year they are holding the convention in Vancouver, which I'm absolutely sure I will not be attending. HOWEVER. They usually switch off locations every other year with Los Angeles. Jenny and I have already enough money to go for that week and I am officially inviting both of you (and whoever else you'd like to bring) to go. I understand that this is quite a lot of money to spend, but I think the benefits from attending the conference will be well worth it. I'm going to start up an account on ETSY that could possibly bring in some fundage for the trip there and the conference and such. The big whigs are going to be there, so I think it'll be in our best interests to try to go rub some elbows and drop some names. Who knows? Maybe we'll meet our future employers. I really hope we'll be able to work out some of the details when that gets closer, and yes, I'm aware of just how far into the future this is and it is hard to predict what will happen in that time. But we should try to go nonetheless. Here's some more info on the matter : http://www.siggraph.org/s2011/. Peace, my bros.

3 comments:

  1. sounds awesome! so, is it going to happen in Los Angeles in 2012?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it is safe to assume that it will be there. I understand that this is a lot to ask of you all, but I feel like this is something we should consider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try to save up the money. I would really really love to go there with you guys. I am sure that if Mikkel is able to save up enough for that big plane ticket that I can definitely save up enough to just drive there

    ReplyDelete