Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dreamsies


Ross! You should definitely try to control your lucid dream if you can. I have been witing until I dream like that again to try it, but it seems like I never can remember to do it when I am there. Also, Mikkel your dream was very interesting. You should definitely make it into a short comic or something. I cannot think of any dreams that are interesting that I have had lately, but I have been playing around with the idea of started a dream journal, where I draw what happened in the dream when I wake up. Anywhoser, this is a picture of a painting that I did using melted crayons and watercolors made from blending grasses. It so fun to experiment like that! BLAMMO!!

3 comments:

  1. hey John!! I have told you a million times. but I say it again, your art style is so cool, I really like you colour choise in this pic. it is so simple with a nice texture. I wish I had some better citique, but I like it this simple. here comes some clasical drawing critique: the only thing would be, that if you draw a line through the middle of the picture vertically, there is too many things going on. for example, the eye leads to the mouth to the arm to the leg to the food to the hand to the bottom. try to spred it just a little more from each other to variate the movement. this is a very little thing, but yeah. and also be careful not to let the lines blend together like the right arm line and the leg line. it is hard to see. just say if I should not be giving critism. I love the picture, and it was hard to find anything:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! i am glad you like it, and thanks so much for the critique! you make some very good points. i will definitely watch out for that next time. Also, that self-portrait you did is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh haha! i just read the comment that you posted for the self-portrait. it is really amazing but i think that you probably could paint like that, i mean i was %100 convinced that that was your work

    ReplyDelete