Thursday, June 24, 2010

dream from the other night..

I felt like walking across the street so I did. There were a few cats running after each other and I knew that I wanted to take pictures of them. So I did. After snapping a few shots I noticed that there were more and more animals running about the yard. The house was very pretty, but only in the nostalgic way I remember most of the homes from my childhood neihborhood being, ranch style homes are not my favorite. There are dogs and cats all over the place, then it started raining. The couple invited me in for some coffee or something and that's when I noticed that I had a very hard time controlling my limbs. My mouth felt very numb and I had a hard time forming sentences. The words were just dribbling out, much like the sensation of being very drunk. I fell into a table with a lamp, causing the lamp to crash to the ground. That's when it struck me - maybe I'm not awake. Maybe what if I'm dreaming? And then the world around me solidified. It became almost as if I was awake, well not really almost like it but it was completely like being awake. Lucid dream mode kicks in. I try to recall my training from the books I've read. Spin, spin, spin...observe all the details. There were boxes full of books, even more tables with lamps on them, the couple turned their backs to me and just stood in separate windows not speaking to each other. I bust down the door, utilizing the limitless freedom one has in this state. There is a man in the parking lot across the street. He looks like Garrett. He keeps yelling at me, "Ross you know you can do this!!". Without thinking, I stretch out my arm and use some sort of energy field to raise him off the ground. He laughs and encourages me to lift him higher off the ground. Up and up he went, until he disappears from view. I laugh and run toward a crowd of people. I hurl them into the air much in the same way I did earlier, except much more forceful, scattering them off like feathers. Then Nicholas started crying and woke me up.

I've dreamt like this before but I think it's possible to control it in the future.

1 comment:

  1. hat was really an amazing dream!! I love how you went through a state of being not aware of the dream world to a completely limbo world where everything was unreal!! very nice. it would be awesome to be able to control yourself, write whenever it happens:)

    ReplyDelete